Build the skills your profession demands, and save time and money, with Capella’s RN-to-BSN/MSN Combined Option. This program is designed to provide RNs who have earned an associate degree in nursing, or nursing diploma the opportunity to earn a BSN and MSN degree in an accelerated path.
Combined bachelor’s/master’s options are designated bachelor’s and master’s degree offerings with a set of shared master’s-level courses applied to the requirements for both degrees. To qualify for a combined option, you must:
- Enroll in an eligible RN-BSN bachelor’s degree program
- Earn a minimum 3.0 grade point average while completing the first 100 quarter credits of bachelor’s-level course work
- Earn a minimum of 18 quarter credits at Capella University (first course and 12 quarter credits of core and/or specialization or minor courses)
After completing 100 quarter credits of bachelor’s-level course work, you can request enrollment in an eligible combined option, during which you must:
- Complete 12 quarter credits of master’s-level course work
- Earn a minimum 3.0 grade point average in each of the master’s-level courses
- Maintain an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.0 to remain enrolled in your chosen combined option
Once you have successfully completed the requirements and received your bachelor’s degree, you can apply for the master’s degree program corresponding to your chosen combined option. We encourage you to enroll in your master’s course work within one year of graduating from your bachelor’s program. The 12 quarter credits of completed master’s-level course work can be applied toward your master’s degree program.
Capella University cannot guarantee licensure, endorsement, certification, authorization, other professional credential or salary advancement. State regulations and professional credential standards vary. It is the learner’s responsibility to understand and comply with requirements for their states and professional associations. For more information on licensure, see the Licensure section on the School’s website. Enrollment restrictions and/or other restrictions may apply to certain programs. Contact Capella University for more information.
Learn about completion rates, affordability, and more at www.capellaresults.com.
RN license verification required. This program is not designed to prepare graduates for entry-level or advanced practice licensure as a nurse.
The BSN, MSN, and DNP degree programs at Capella University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, (202)887-6791. http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.