You don’t need an advanced degree to make a great salary. Sure, sometimes an advanced degree is the only way to go. But there are plenty of high paying jobs for people with Bachelor’s degrees where you can earn in the high five figures and sometimes six figure range.
1. CEO’s The Chief Executive Officer within most businesses, depending upon the line of specialization, has the potential to earn $160,440 yearly with a bachelor’s degree (or less.) The CEO is the decision maker within an organization, business, or company. The CEO oversees the daily activities of a business and, depending upon the company’s composition, may report to a board of directors.
2. Airline Pilots, Copilots, Flight Engineers have an earning potential of $119,750 yearly with (and sometimes without) a bachelor’s degree. Employers of airline pilots, copilots, and flight engineers often only require flight hours as a job requirement. The number of hours in air is generally favored over formal training though latest employment trends favor a minimum of a bachelor’s degree for pilots.
3. Air Traffic Controllers have the ability to earn $108,910 yearly with the required minimum of a bachelor’s degree or related experience. An air traffic controller is also required to complete an FAA approved training program and 8 hour certification exam. New air traffic controllers fresh out of earning their bachelor’s degree spend at least two to four years in training before they are allowed to keep planes and passengers safe on runways and in the sky.
4. Computer Hardware Engineers can earn around $100,180 in yearly salary and sometimes more as they work on computer chips, circuit boards, computer systems, and equipment like keyboards, modems, and printers. Computer hardware engineers generally use the information they learn while earning a bachelor’s degree to research, design, develop, and test computer and/or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. Computer hardware engineers often find employment manufacturing or installation computer systems and equipment.
5. Personal Financial Advisors may earn a salary of $99,100 yearly after securing a bachelor’s degree. Personal financial advisors work closely with a multitude of clients to concentrate on short and long term financial goals including but not limited to: debt management, retirement savings, investments, insurance, and college savings. Personal Financial advisors must have a well rounded educational background, strong interpersonal skills, be up to date on tax laws and the ever changing economic trends.
6. Actuaries have an earning potential of $95,980 yearly with a bachelor’s degree based in mathematics, economics, and general business as the only requirement to qualify them for a job. Actuaries who build a strong educational background in statistics, actuarial science or finance usually are the first to earn internships required for entry into the profession, with an additional training period of 4 to 8 years and the completion of a series of examinations before gaining full professional status. Actuaries are the risk calculators of the insurance industry who assess risks such as death, sikness, injury, disability, or loss of property or other events and create policies to minimize costs associated with risks.
7. Software Engineers have the potential to earn $94,520 after earning a bachelor’s degree. Computer software engineers who focus on systems software utilize theories and principles of computer science combined with mathematical analysis to create, test, and evaluate software applications and all systems operate computers. This is a fast evolving field which uses the latest advances in technology to improve communications within an organization.
8. Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agents have the earning potential of $92,050 yearly. A securities, commodities, and/or financial services sales agent needs no formal training though most employers look for a candidate with a bachelor’s degree with concentrations in finance, economics, and business administration. A great understanding and knowledge of economic trends is vital to success in the securities, commodities, and financial services field.
9. Managers of Artists, Performers, or Athletes have the potential to earn a salary of $81,550 yearly. The primary duty of managers of artists, performers, or athletes is to represent client/s best interest in all aspects of the client’s life. A manager often negotiates all contracts, handles scheduling of performances or appearances, arranges all travel plans, and strategizes plans for the client’s future.
10. Financial Examiners have the earning potential of $78,180 yearly. Most financial examiners are required to have at least a bachelor’s degree though some do not. Financial examiners enforce or ensure compliance with laws and regulations within financial and securities institutions. Financial examiners oversee real estate transactions and closely examine records to ensure accuracy and authenticity.